Tuesday, April 21, 2009

De-stashing some knit notions …

Okay, it’s that time again: the ominous creaking sounds of my overstuffed studio about to explode!

So I’ve conducted another round of spring-cleaning-destash … this time focusing on knitting notions, patterns & magazines.

My rule of thumb this time that if I haven’t used it, looked at it, or even picked it up in a year, it needs to go.

Here’s what’s up for grabs:

  • BatesNeedles 3 pairs Susan Bates Quicksilver knitting needles, single points, US sizes 5, 8 and 9, at eBay auction. I know some of you are simply addicted to the Quicksilver aluminum alloy needles …

    I don’t think I ever used these needles, so they’re nice & straight & in their original packaging.

  • Knitters_Spring2009 The newest issue of Knitter's Magazine Spring 2009 that features a great how-to feature on ELISE DUVEKOT’s K1B (knit-1-below) technique.

    This issue looked so great (or I’m such an idiot) that I bought it twice. Now one of my copies can be yours, instantly, through my eBay fixed price listing. Last I looked, mine was the only copy out there!

  • KnittingMagazine_March 2009 Another new magazine - Knitting Magazine March 2009, featuring a Nicky Epstein pattern, a Rowan Classic pattern, & how-to lace techniques, also listed at eBay fixed price.

    I love the magazine, but this issue didn’t have any patterns that I wanted to knit. (Judging from the number of eBay watchers on this one, definitely a minority opinion.)

Remember, for the fixed price listings I can also accept “best offers”, so don’t be shy, make me an offer! Other knitting pattern books I have listed on eBay:

While you’re at it, you might also want to check out my fiber arts listings in my Bonanzle store – I’ve got knitting, crochet, cross-stitch and quilting books & patterns, and I have yet to make a single sale, darn it. You could be my first customer!

Vol3_Pt35_inside_sm 97_FebMar_sm And, over on Etsy, my destash of vintage 1960s knitting patterns, (only $4.95 per mint condition book) and back issues of American Craft magazines (only $3.95 each) goes on …

Happy shopping!

--MaggieBelize
Designer, kNotes for kNitters
Sandia Park, NM

No comments:

Post a Comment