Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Feather Feather & Fan Shawlette–Knitting FO

 

Great use for a single skein of sock yarn!

FeatherFan_03

This free knitting pattern by Betty Balcomb is easy, and forgiving - considering my boo-boo of accidentally starting with US 11s instead of 9s, for instance.

FeatherFan_02

I truly love this yarn - Stricken Smitten’s Shimmer Glimmer – a 50/50 silk and merino blend. Lovely match for the pattern.

ShimmerGlimmer

I bought the yarn at Sock Summit 2011 in Portland, and cast on while flying home (that’s when I made my needle size error) … and then the project lingered forever in my UFO basket.

Fast forward to New Year’s Eve 2012, when I resolved that this year I would make myself finish one UFO for every new project I cast on.

All that I needed to do on this one was weave in the ends & block it (and take its pictures), now it is all done!

--MaggieBelize
Designer, kNotes for kNitters
Creator, Happy Hands Hand Cream for Knitters
Sandia Park, NM

No comments:

Post a Comment