Sunday, February 5, 2012

Daybreak Shawlette–Knitting FO!

 

Gosh this was a fun knit! It’s a semicircular shawl – or, as I made the smallest size, a shawlette. Here it is, drying on my blocking board:

Daybreak_01

This is the Daybreak pattern designed by Stephen West. I like that the designer shows it worn bandana-style, very Western looking. Here’s his pattern photo:

daybreak

 

This pattern calls for fingering weight yarn in two colors. I was inspired by this colorway called “Early Autumn”, hand-dyed by Crafty Hippy:

CraftyHippyCasbah_medium

And I paired it with a forest green colorway of Araucania Ranco Multy:

AraucaniaRancoMulty_Forest104

I still have quite a bit left of both yarns … hmm, I’m thinking a matching pair of fingerless mitts … striped, maybe?

--MaggieBelize
Designer, kNotes for kNitters
Creator, Happy Hands Hand Cream for Knitters
Sandia Park, NM

No comments:

Post a Comment