Welcome to my first “Fabulous Fiber Friday”, a weekly round-up of the best of the fiber freebies, contests and sales that’ve turned up through the week.
If you’ve got a fabulous fiber deal of your own, feel free to post it as a comment here (find how-to instructions at the end of this post). The more, the merrier!
Free Knitting Pattern + Yarn Contest at Knitting Daily
You have to be a registered member of Knitting Daily to download the pattern, but membership is free, and sign-up is quick.
Even better, if you’re willing to answer a one-question survey – it doesn’t get much easier than that – you’ll be entered in their contest to win enough Tahki Cotton Classic yarn to make your own scarf, plus a free copy of the 3rd edition of Cotton Classic Book from Tahki!
(Pick your favorite colorway in the survey carefully, because that’s the one you’ll get if you win.)
The contest ends March 27, 2009, at midnight MST.
Sales of hand-dyed and/or hand-spun yarns are ongoing at Etsy.com. But how can you find them all?
I’ve discovered that the fastest way to turn up the largest number of yarn discounts is to search for “yarn sale” in the Promotions Forum!
Other Spring Specials on Fiber-y Good Stuff
As the new spring yarns and patterns first roll out, it’s tough to find those special deals. Here’s a round-up to get you started:
- NobleKnits offers $1.99 “spring fever” shipping through Sunday, March 22nd.
- The kit-of-the-month over at Jimmy Beans Wool is the super soft & luxurious Esprit Chemo Cap Kit, marked down to only $2 (that’s yarn AND pattern). Great opportunity for charity knitting projects!
- Two great contests for members of Planet Purl: Knitters’ Guide to the Galaxy (membership is free, of course):
- Post a knit-along in the Planet Purl community by April 14th and be entered in a drawing to win a gift pack of knitters’ tools from KnitPicks, including ball winder, yarn cutter, stitch markers, row counter, blocking mat, blocking pins, sock blockers, lace blocking wires, and a pill remover.
- Choose your favorite IK Spring pattern to be entered in the drawing for a Namaste Cali Clutch. (Results in the April newsletter.)
Are You Having a Yarn Sale?
If you’re offering a special yarn sale, contest, promotion or giveaway, and would like to share it here on Fabulous Fiber Friday, feel free to post your promotion details as a comment to this or any subsequent Fabulous Fiber Friday post.
Be sure to include your URL link, plus the beginning and ending dates of your special offer!
Designer, kNotes for kNitters
Sandia Park, NM